Nursing school amidst Covid 19



I've been trying to finish nursing school for almost 10 years now. Shocking to write that actually, 10 years is a long time to hold onto a dream. But it's the only dream aside from being a mom I've ever had.

I started nursing school at 18 and dropped out. I was a Dean's list nursing student. I ran out of money, my car blew up (literally) and there was a freak gas leak in my apartment and we were evicted within 3 days. All this happened in one weeks time, so pile that up on an 18 year olds shoulders and I felt I had no other choice. My biggest regret is not having the chance to attend college, but if I had I would not be where I am today and I'd rather have what I have now than the latter.

Anyways, fast forward 3 years and I attempted nursing school again. 4.0 GPA this time and then I blew my back out bad. I was out of commission for over a year. A couple surgeries and a limp I thought was permanent. I convinced myself that nursing school was unattainable and let the dream go.

Hit fast forward again, one marriage, 2 houses bought, and a baby and I get the little whisper to go back and do this thing for real! Nothing was going to get in my way. I scored the highest on the entrance exam the college has seen, I had a 4.0 GPA on all prerequisites. I was 3 points shy of the "perfect" score of points to get admitted...and the Covid 19 rocked our world. Sure seems like it's just not meant to be. I wrestle the "is it even worth it?" Thoughts on the daily. But here I am,I am applying next month. I'll know by June if I get in.

Comments

Popular Posts