Putting the House to Bed



Every night my husband puts our son to bed. Diaper changes, story time, cuddles to sleep. Every night I put our home to bed. It's becoming one part of my day I truly cherish. Typically this is also when I practice my gratitude prayers as well. It's the perfect time to walk around the house and be grateful for every aspect of life while watching the sunset in our front yard. Starting in the living room and working my way through our tiny home with toys scattered all around I reflect on our day, say many prayers of gratitude, and prepare for the next day. As the sun sets in the sky during this time period I put everything in its place, including my thoughts. In a world of "busy" this is one of the many routines I follow to bring me back to the slow living lifestyle I adopted. Do you put the house to bed? What is your nightly routine?

Comments

Popular Posts